No Text Copy and Paste in Filemaker

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Schlaefer
Space Cadet

No Text Copy and Paste in Filemaker

Post by Schlaefer »

We have Filemaker 4.1, 5 and 5.5 and SheepShaver 2.3 official and latest builds with OS 8.1 and 9.0.4 and different ROMS, but all share the same problem: you can not copy and paste text from one text field to another text field within Filemaker.

You can copy and paste numbers and dates within Filemaker, you can copy text out of filemaker into an external application and you can paste text into Filemaker from an external application.

Does someone know whats going on here?

Thanks.
inquisitive1
Student Driver

RE: No Text Copy and Paste in Filemaker

Post by inquisitive1 »

Is this a problem with keyboard commands?

Are you using the Menu Copy/Paste, or key-combos?
yksoft1
Master Emulator

Re: No Text Copy and Paste in Filemaker

Post by yksoft1 »

Schlaefer wrote:We have Filemaker 4.1, 5 and 5.5 and SheepShaver 2.3 official and latest builds with OS 8.1 and 9.0.4 and different ROMS, but all share the same problem: you can not copy and paste text from one text field to another text field within Filemaker.

You can copy and paste numbers and dates within Filemaker, you can copy text out of filemaker into an external application and you can paste text into Filemaker from an external application.

Does someone know whats going on here?

Thanks.
Try disabling clipboard integration or completely clean the clipboard of your host system.
somniferous
Tinkerer

Post by somniferous »

I wish I had found this message earlier.

I have the same problem. In addition, a text block in Filemaker, (in Layout) copies and pastes as bitmap. I have a workaround, but would like to know how to solve this. Were you able to? My workaround is descibed in the post called "Clipboard and MSOffice"

I have a general Clipboard issue in which I get a bitmap file when I try to paste into OSX from Sheepshaver (July 2008 build (I think)). I have created the workaround that seems to sometimes work by opening Simple Text (in OS9 (9.0.4) utilities) and pasting it in there. Somehow the data on the clipboard knows to act like text and then I can paste into Excel 2004...sometimes. It seems not to work every time. Sometimes Simpletext crashes, sometimes I get a bitmap again. When I try to save the Simple Text file in OSX, so I can open it and copy it there, the file is invisible. I pasted it several different places and tried to find it with Kilometre. But sometimes I could find it and sometimes I couldn't.

I see that Gwenole has said to type in some command to fix invisible files, but I don't know where to type it. I see also that it is possible to replace the SS version you are currently using with another but I don't know how to do that. Any advice on this would be extremely helpful.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

somniferous wrote:When I try to save the Simple Text file in OSX, so I can open it and copy it there, the file is invisible.
Do you use an older build of SheepShaver? Possibly the May 2006 snapshot by Gwenole Beauchesne? Files becoming invisible is one of several known problems with the shared folder ('Unix' volume) in older builds of SheepShaver. Better try the newer July 2008 builds (see sticky topic). Many problems are solved in those builds.
einhorndg
Space Cadet

Post by einhorndg »

Hello,

I'm running SheepShaver with 9.0.4 on a MacPro and several Hackintoshs under 10.7.5 Lion. All works fine but there are some little issues:

Copy/Paste doesn't work in FileMaker 5.5, is there meanwhile a solution?

Best regards

Herbert Gramsch
SheepShaver/System 9.0.4 on
MacPro 2x3 GHz Dual Core Xeon
Hackintosh i7 4370K / GA H77N-Wifi Ozmosis
Hackintosh Q6600@3,2GHz / GA P35-DS4
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Copy-paste issues and possible workarounds differ between builds. This is an old thread and copy-paste features have improved since.

- Which SheepShaver build (date) do you use?
- Did you try to run SheepShaver in 64-bit mode?
- Copy and paste what from where to where does not work?
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: