Full OS9 for sheepshaver?

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Zeppie
Space Cadet

Full OS9 for sheepshaver?

Post by Zeppie »

Hello,

I was finally able to get sheepshaver to work on a Windows PC, but I noticed the OS9 only has a system folder, and no Stuffit Expander app located anywhere. I was also able to get Ardi Executor to work and it has the Stuffit Expander. All I am trying to do is get the "happyweed!" game download from macintosh garden's website to work on one of these two emulators. I read a post where someone suggested to use Basilisk II expander then transfer the expanded file back to sheepshaver. As I was not able to get the Basilisk emulator to work, so I tried using the Ardi expander instead, and it does not recognize the file as a game, nor when I transfer back to sheepshaver. Can anyone help? I cant believe I got so far as getting the emulators to work just to be stuck again trying to get the game to work as well. I think a quick fix would be to have a full OS9 installed in sheepshaver, but I cant find an IMG file for that anywhere. Or if someone can tell me how to make it work in Ardi executor I would appreciate that as well! Or even better would be if someone could expand this game on my behalf and test it to make sure it works on sheepshaver with OS9 (OS9 system folder only) that would be even better, then post a link to the expanded file! Sorry, Im fairly ignorant when it comes to MAC technology. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Zeppie
Space Cadet

Re: Full OS9 for sheepshaver?

Post by Zeppie »

:idea: Nevermind!!! I was able to install and run both OS 8.6 and happyweed! with sound!!! Everything works prfectly!! I would offer up some appreciation, but I have no one to thank but myself... :evil: :shock: :twisted: Kudos to me!! LOL

Although I would not have been able to accomplish all of this without the wonderful step by step guides found here and elsewhere, so I am thankful for that at least!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

You'll even get more kudos for yourself if you share what you found you had to change to get the game working -- even if it was a simple "doh" fix, publishing the solution will likely help many other people searching for similar solutions. :)
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

http://macintoshgarden.org/
http://www.pure-mac.com/
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/downloads

Here, a few handy sites for programs. You can find a copy of Mac OS 9 in the Macintosh Garden, along with a massive ton of other OSes and programs. Legality not ensured.

Pure-Mac, I literally just found the link seconds ago while reading the forums here. Looks like a handy site.

And of course, you can always trust Emaculation's download site. Quite comprehensive, and you can find nifty stuff like StuffIt Expander 5.5 right off the bat, so good place to look for essentials. I HEAVILY use Public Address Stripped.