a couple of games

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

bitesh
Space Cadet

a couple of games

Post by bitesh »

Hello everyone.
I have recently installed Sheepshaver and successfully made it run on my Windows 7 machine. I did this mainly in order to be able to run my old copies of Starflight and Starflight II, although, once I knew I could run them, I started putting a few more games in there, because nostalgia kicked in. Some of them work fine, but others have problems and I was hoping I could get some help in getting them to work.

Asterax, an Asteroids adaptation: crashes immediately upon opening;
Royal Flush, a pinball simulator: likewise crashes immediately;
Starflight 1: plays fine but without sound;
Starflight 2: no sound and crashes when I try to board my spaceship.

And by crash, I mean freeze, forcing me to terminate the SS process, and I wonder if there's a way to force the application to quit rather than bringing the whole system down.

Again, I'm running Sheepshaver on Windows 7 Ultimate(32bit), with the new world PPC rom provided by the Redundant Robot website, and a retail OS9 that I already owned. Can't think of any other information that might be useful.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just realized that the Starflight 2 problem is probably not emulator-related, as it already happened in a couple other machines. I chalked it up to it being run in classic mode on OSX (but maybe that wasn't it), and I believe I had a solution at some point, but I can't remember for the life of me.
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Re: a couple of games

Post by Silent Flamer »

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA43845?viewlocale=en_US

Command + Option + Escape force quits. Often a good idea to restart immediately after, though.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Re: a couple of games

Post by ClockWise »

The emulation compatibility sheet says that Acterax runs great in Basilisk II:

http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... ty_sheet#a

For some of these older games, Basilisk II is always a better bet than SheepShaver.