Error Creating Folder 1008:9,-120

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

rdmartin
Space Cadet

Error Creating Folder 1008:9,-120

Post by rdmartin »

Hi,

First of all - thanks to all who have had a hand in developing SheepShaver! I didn't realize how much I missed some of my simple but functional old programs (before they became the behemoths they are now) and just the friendly environment of Mac OS 9.

I'm running SheepShaver Version 2.4.20140201 (2.4) inside my Mac Pro (2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) on Mac OS X version 10.9.3 (13D65).

I followed the steps in the set-up manual and got my old OS 9 CD to run by creating a disk image then using the Virtual DVD-ROM/CD Utility. It worked great.

However, when I followed the same instructions to the letter trying to load my old PageMaker 6.5 CD install program (my reason for using SheepShaver), it would install about 90% of the program then stop with a dialog box stating "Error creating folder. 1008:9,-120". I've tried repeatedly to get it to install with no success.

So I found a CD I had made in 2003 that I used to backup my old computer and tried copying the PageMaker application (including its folder and "Preferences" files) onto a new mounted disk image volume I made for applications and documents. But when I click on the application, it starts to load, then immediately stops.

I really need to have PageMaker work. Have I given enough enough information for you to help me out?

Thank you,
Bob
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Error Creating Folder 1008:9,-120

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Assuming that you actually installed the system on another larger volume created in SheepShaver preferences, that that volume is large enough to contain additional software, and that you start from that installed system:

Before you try again installing PageMaker, search the OS9 System Folder for any Adobe related files or folders, also in the Preferences folder, and remove them.
rdmartin
Space Cadet

Re: Error Creating Folder 1008:9,-120

Post by rdmartin »

Thanks for the tip - I did a complete reinstall on the Mac OS 9 system and tried loading PageMaker again using the procedure you set out in the manual. It worked great! Thanks so much!

Bob