screen position when starting SheepShaver in Windows

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

etkins
Inquisitive Elf

screen position when starting SheepShaver in Windows

Post by etkins »

Each new time that I start SheepShaver in Windows, the Mac desktop window plants itself in a different position on the screen. It is never perfect, nor close to it, so I have to grab the top bar and relocate the window. Not the greatest inconvenience, but if there was a way to have it land in both the right spot and to do it every time, that would be great. Any thoughts, anyone?

Thank you.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: screen position when starting SheepShaver in Windows

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. How Windows decides where to put a window is beyond my knowledge, but the fact that it creates a new the window in a slight offset seems to suggest it remembers the last position and then prevents a new window to be created directly on top of the old one. I would think that once a window is destroyed that position would be free again to create a new one ;-)

There has not been much development for the Windows versions of Basilisk and SheepShaver, so I guess there is little hope this issue will be solved.

Best,
Cat_7