Volumes list not showing up, preferences not opening

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Nemesis
Space Cadet

Volumes list not showing up, preferences not opening

Post by Nemesis »

When i open the sheep shaver preferences in sheep shaver nothing happens. I have an alternate way of doing it with the preferences app thing. But the problem is If i add something to volumes list it does not show up on the os 9. EAVerything was working fine before and now its just doing this. The only thing I did was put it in fullscreen mode, but it was still working before. Im trying to play caesar III with my daughter but its not seeing the cdr image that was there before. Thanks for your help. Id prefer not to redownload and set up sheepshaver
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Volumes list not showing up, preferences not opening

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

The only way to regain access to the built-in preferences editor is by using the stand-alone editor to set SheepShaver to windowed mode. (I can't gather from your post whether you did that already).
You can then use the built-in preferences editor to see what is wrong with the cd image. I understand you had access to it earlier and could play the game?

Best,
Cat_7
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Or, if you use the latest SheepShaver build, you can use Control-Return to toggle between window mode and full-screen mode. In window mode you can access the built-in preferences editor.

(Note that changes in preferences (regardless with which app they were made) will only take effect after SheepShaver is launched again.)
Nemesis
Space Cadet

Post by Nemesis »

Yeah whenever i access preferences from sheep shaver it wont open them. Idk what happened it was working before and then suddenly the disk image disappeared from the desktop. Its in the volumes lift if i open the preferences from the application i dled. Im guessing I have to re download sheepshaver and set it up again. I added a new disk to the preferences to see if it would show up and it did. But if i put the cdr on there it doesnt show up. I installed the game with the cdr and played it, and then it just stopped working. I have a dmg sit and cdr version on the game.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Well, if the new volume does show up as expected there is nothing wrong with your SheepShaver application.

Either the path to the .cdr file in the volumes list is not correct or something has gone wrong with that image file.