Help installing game in SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

glowkrt
Space Cadet

Help installing game in SheepShaver

Post by glowkrt »

I'm trying to install a game, and I've gotten so close. SheepShaver is running, I successfully unzipped the file, and then when I got to the install, it said I needed 123439584935 bytes (that's not exact, but it was an absurdly large number).

I tried to delete as many files as possible and the restart, but I lost the game and can't unzip it again. What are my next steps? This is the first time I've ever attempted something like this.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Help installing game in SheepShaver

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Can you tell us which host system you are using (Windows? OSX?) Which game is it?
After you unzipped the game files, did you copy them to the SheepShaver hard disk?

Best,
Cat_7
glowkrt
Space Cadet

Post by glowkrt »

Hi!

My host is OSX. I did copy it to the hard disk. I'm trying to install Oregon Trail II. The game icon appeared and let me start to install the game, but that's when it said I didn't have enough bytes. After that, I moved everything into the trash to try to start over. When I try to reinstall Stuffit the same way I did before, it tells me I need 4 megabytes in OS9.

Thanks for the quick response!
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Is there enough space on your Mac OS 9 disk? From where did you get it?
If you downloaded it from the redundant robot site, then it will only have very limited free space.
Preferably you should install a fresh Mac OS 9 from a universal install disk onto a SheepShaver hard disk of e.g., 1 Gb.

An interim solution is to create a new hard disk through the preferences editor and copy all content of your current disk to the new, larger one. You can then remove the first disk from the preferences and start from the bigger disk.

Best,
Cat_7