I can't do anything.

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Racecarlock
Space Cadet

I can't do anything.

Post by Racecarlock »

The latest sheepshaver has a 0xc000007b error, a different version cannot open the rom file, so I try to do something in basilisk, but the basilisk II GUI can't find a g_file_test_utf8 procedure entry point in a GTK DLL despite me installing, uninstalling, and installing an older version of GTK. Basilisk II also has a cannot open rom file error. I run them as an administrator, and it doesn't help.

What do I do to get any of this working? I read the guides. I followed the instructions. Is it because I'm on a 64 bit version of windows 7? Please help, I want to use simple text again for those voices.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: I can't do anything.

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

The .dll not found errors have something to do with the path settings in Windows.
You do not need the GUI to set preferences for Basilisk or SheepShaver. You can also edit the files BasiliskII_prefs or SheepShaver_prefs in your Basilisk or SheepShaver folder.

I haven't seen the error you report for SheepShaver before. Please let us know which rom file you use and which Mac OS you are installing. And please paste the contents of your SheepShaver_prefs file in your reply.

Best,
Cat_7