Question about SheepShaver being blurry in full screen mode

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

celebi23
Granny Smith

Question about SheepShaver being blurry in full screen mode

Post by celebi23 »

I was wondering if there was any way to make it so that SheepShaver wasn't blurry when full screen mode is being used? I mean, while using Mini vMac in full screen, it's a sharp image. Is there something that can be changed in the prefs file or is it just how SheepShaver is coded?
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Question about SheepShaver being blurry in full screen m

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

That blurriness is caused by the resolution settings. Please use the preference editor to set the horizontal and vertical screen resolution to maximum (or manually enter the values for your screen). Next time you start SheepShaver you can select that combination in the monitor control panel. The Ctrl-Enter key combination allows you to switch between windowed and full-screen modes.

Best,
Cat_7
celebi23
Granny Smith

Post by celebi23 »

Ah, sorry, I should've been more clear. With Mini vMac, even with a 640x480 resolution, the image is super crisp and clear when using full screen mode. Yet, with SheepShaver (and the same resolution settings) it's blurry. Is there any way to have SheepShaver's full screen mode crisp with a resolution like 640x480?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

A very short answer: No ;-)

Best,
Cat_7