Redundant Robot "new" ROM for OS9 will not run

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

ImaMac1980
Space Cadet

Redundant Robot "new" ROM for OS9 will not run

Post by ImaMac1980 »

I have been trying for weeks to get SheepShaver to run with the "new" ROM for OS9 to no avail...before you reply with "Read the Manual" and/or "Use this tutorial" or "Make sure you rename the ROM." I can assure you that I have been there, done that over 25 times in the past two weeks. I used the new ROM from Redundant Robot and I don't know if it needs to be in .dsk format (which it is not.) I'm not sure whether I have to manipulate it in Basilisk II or what. The thing I hate most about trying to figure this out via YouTube videos is the user sets it up and they make it seem like everything works without any issues...that is not how this has been going at all! It is imperative that SheepShaver is working so that I can develop stacks in HyperCard. I work at a school for adults with little to no ability to read, write or speak English and my job is to teach them Technology Literacy. When I say that this school has given me no budget to work with I am being serious. They have iPads and Apple TV but I am not able to acquire 99 cent apps. I looked at LiveCode but cannot make it work for my needs so I figured that the retrotech of HyperCard might be able to help me develop reading programs for technologically illiterate students. On behalf of the students at my school, please help me get OS9 and HyperCard running. Thanks!
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Redundant Robot "new" ROM for OS9 will not run

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Which host system are you using? a Mac, a Windows machine?
Please also post the contents of your sheepshaver_prefs file.

SheepShaver needs more than a rom file to run. Think of the rom as the bios on older computers. You still need a CD or a CD image to install Mac OS 9 in SheepShaver.

Best,
Cat_7