Multi disc installs

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

rrhill
Space Cadet

Multi disc installs

Post by rrhill »

I'm trying to install Microsoft Works 4. In order to do so, there are 6 floppy disc images. I can mount them all in SheepShaver and run the installer, but ne it installs from the first disc, it asks for the second disc to be inserted. So it doesn't recognize the second disk image and won't let me eject the first. I've seen this issue posted elsewhere here. Is there no way for SheepShaver to allow dynamic mounting and unmounting of floppies? This is a feature of Amiga emulators I have used. How do folks get around this limitation? What about multi-disc games?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Multi disc installs

Post by adespoton »

Depending on the type of installer, you might be able to copy all the disks as folders into a folder containing the first disk with the installer application. This works from around 1994 installers onward.

Otherwise, load the disk images into SheepShaver, don't mount them as part of the boot process. Then use Disk Copy to mount them inside your guest OS.