Login  •  Register

The time is now: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:32 am 
Tinkerer

Anyone else experience a huge slowdown in PearPC, official old release or latest redscorp release?

After installing 10.4 it was pretty decent performing with the AMD SSE3 redscorp version on an AMD 2.41Ghz LE-1620 with 2gig RAM, running XP SP3.

After installing the 10.4.11 update PearPC is as slow as the official release running 10.1 on whatever the PC was I had back when it was in active development.

I have it running delocalizer now to see if yanking out around 1.5 gig of extra language stuff will do anything. If it's still ultra slow I may as well give up on it and turn my Acer Aspire 5315 laptop into a HackBook running Snow Leopard. ;)

I have a real iMac DV running Tiger, I was just trying PearPC to see if it had improved.

Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 am 
Granny Smith

That's actually what people have said before; OS X 10.4 is "runnable", nothing more. I installed it once, and found that even just the 10.4.1 update was sluggish. I'm surprised it would even boot for you.

Personally, I rather enjoy having OS X 10.3 running. I find it usable, but not as a productivity OS. I use my own little hackintosh in VirtualBox for that.

Post a reply