am now happily installing mac os x 10.4. finally it worked! gonna be completed in about an hour or so.
the things i did to make it work:
1. ditched the PearPC Control Panel
2. downloaded a new bootable 6gb disk image (http://www.emaculation.com/pearpc/macosx_6gb.rar
3. downloaded via torrent another copy of mac os x 10.4 (a one-file dvd image copy, toast format) previous copy was a 4-file cd image, dmg file format converted to iso (using PowerISO)
4. had my own config file created (http://guillaumejamet.eu/index?rub=rubr ... pc_cfg.php
5. a whole lot of trial and error to get the right settings on my config file.
6. didn't have to use: prom_env_machargs = "-v", worked quiet well without it
# Created with PearPC Control Panel
# This PearPC config file has been generated by a script located on http://guillaumejamet.eu
# Mon, 26 Oct 2009 03:09:51 GMT
# Config reference : http://wiki.pearpc.net/index.php?title= ... ation_File
# More info about PearPc, forums and community : http://pearpc.net
prom_env_machargs = ""
prom_env_bootargs = ""
prom_bootmethod = "select"
key_compose_dialog = "F11"
key_change_cd_0 = "F10"
key_toggle_mouse_grab = "F12"
key_toggle_full_screen = "Alt+Return"
prom_driver_graphic = "D:\PearPC\pearpc-0.4-win32-jitc\video.x"
ppc_start_full_screen = 0
redraw_interval_msec = 20
ppc_start_resolution = "800x600x15@60"
pci_ide0_master_installed = 1
pci_ide0_master_type = "hd"
pci_ide0_master_image = "D:\PearPC\macosx_6gb.img"
pci_ide0_slave_installed = 1
pci_ide0_slave_type = "cdrom"
pci_ide0_slave_image = "C:\Mac OS X Install DVD.iso"
pci_3c90x_installed = 0
pci_3c90x_mac = "de:ad:ca:fe:12:34"
pci_rtl8139_installed = 0
pci_rtl8139_mac = "de:ad:ca:fe:12:35"
cpu_pvr = 0x00088302
nvram_file = "nvram"
#page_table_pa = 104857600
memory_size = 0x8000000
by the way,
1. didn't have to compile my own version of pearpc, used the latest compiled version available on pearpc's site.
2. still get the error message: [IO/CUDA] <Warning> keyb reg1
3. i get a lot of this error message during installation:
[IO/CUDA] <Warning> Event processing timed out. Event dropped.
4. set my memory setting to 128 MB, since Tiger won't install on anything less or more than 128 MB (can always be increased later)
again, appreciate all the help extended. thanks