10.4.11 update slows it wayyyy down.

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Galane
Tinkerer

10.4.11 update slows it wayyyy down.

Post by Galane »

Anyone else experience a huge slowdown in PearPC, official old release or latest redscorp release?

After installing 10.4 it was pretty decent performing with the AMD SSE3 redscorp version on an AMD 2.41Ghz LE-1620 with 2gig RAM, running XP SP3.

After installing the 10.4.11 update PearPC is as slow as the official release running 10.1 on whatever the PC was I had back when it was in active development.

I have it running delocalizer now to see if yanking out around 1.5 gig of extra language stuff will do anything. If it's still ultra slow I may as well give up on it and turn my Acer Aspire 5315 laptop into a HackBook running Snow Leopard. ;)

I have a real iMac DV running Tiger, I was just trying PearPC to see if it had improved.
fanman93
Granny Smith

Post by fanman93 »

That's actually what people have said before; OS X 10.4 is "runnable", nothing more. I installed it once, and found that even just the 10.4.1 update was sluggish. I'm surprised it would even boot for you.

Personally, I rather enjoy having OS X 10.3 running. I find it usable, but not as a productivity OS. I use my own little hackintosh in VirtualBox for that.