Can't run Enchanted Scepters on Mini vMac

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ponzaro
Space Cadet

Can't run Enchanted Scepters on Mini vMac

Post by ponzaro »

Hi,

I've downloaded Enchanted Scepters from Macintosh Garden in .sit format. Then, I followed the guideon this site to set up System 6.0.8 on Mini vMac successfully and I also installed Stuffit Expander 4.0.1 on it. But stuffit, doesn't find the enchanted scepters file and so I can't open it. Any help?

Thanks
gryphel
Nice Guy

Re: Can't run Enchanted Scepters on Mini vMac

Post by gryphel »

My page for Stuffit Expander describes a work around for this problem when using System 6.
ponzaro
Space Cadet

Post by ponzaro »

gryphel wrote:My page for Stuffit Expander describes a work around for this problem when using System 6.
Thank you, now I've extracted the file and I have a .img file. Now what I have to do to run the game?

Thanks
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

that .sit file should be extracted on your host, and the .img file inside dragged onto your Mini vMac window. It will then mount as a disk.
gryphel
Nice Guy

Post by gryphel »

ponzaro wrote:Thank you, now I've extracted the file and I have a .img file. Now what I have to do to run the game?
Now that you have the .img file inside Mini vMac, you can run ExportFl to export it to the host computer. Then drag the the .img file on the host computer into the Mini vMac window to mount the image.
adespoton wrote:that .sit file should be extracted on your host, and the .img file inside dragged onto your Mini vMac window. It will then mount as a disk.
Since many Stuffit archives require a later version of Stuffit then can run in Mini vMac, it is often necessary to extract the archive on the host computer, or using a different emulator. But in this case, since the archive is already successfully extracted, it may be easier to use ExportFl.
ponzaro
Space Cadet

Post by ponzaro »

When I tried to mount the img, mini Vmac was saying that the image was read only, but I resolved with CnvtDC42 from gryphel's site.

Thank you! :wink: