Error when I insert a disk in minivmac

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

kd503_b
Space Cadet

Error when I insert a disk in minivmac

Post by kd503_b »

So when I try to insert a bootable disk I get this Mac icon with X Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/HJ7O4Eo Can this be ROM related? I am using MiniVMac on One plus 3T an Android 7
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Error when I insert a disk in minivmac

Post by adespoton »

Have you verified that the disk boots elsewhere? Once you get to that stage, host-based issues shouldn't be cropping up, and the Mini vMac boot code should be identical in the Android port and the official version. This points to the disk not actually being bootable (not blessed? locked?).

Have you been able to boot off of any disk?
kd503_b
Space Cadet

Post by kd503_b »

I havent't tested the disks anywhere else. I downloaded them from this site https://sites.google.com/site/minivmaca ... systems-os I tried System 5,6,7,7.5 and wasn't able to boot from any disk. Still the same thing. Could you give link that works for sure?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

I tried both 7.0.1 and 7.1 disks from the link you provided and both work fine here in Mini vMac on macOS. (The 7.1 disk appears to be a stripped down version, with only a System Folder containing System, Finder, and some empty folders.)
kd503_b
Space Cadet

Post by kd503_b »

I tried System 7 and still i get the same Mac with X. Is it possible the problem to be caused by the ROM? I know that downloading ROM is illegal but could somebody pm me a link or something...
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

You will find rom files when your search for vmac rom