Emulators Will Not Run... HELP!

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

dano

Emulators Will Not Run... HELP!

Post by dano »

Back in Nov. of 2001 my mac crashed. It wasn't until late January that I fixed it thinking it was only a software problem. In march of this year however the same symptoms/hell returned, and this time it wasn't pretty. My Hard Drive died for reasons that were unexplainable, after only having it for a year!

Once I got it up and running again, I noticed there was something I couldn't do now that I could easily do before without any problem...

run emulators!!!

Now, anytime I start one up, it immediately quits and says "unexpectedly quit because error type 12 occured" Keep in mind that the emulators I was trying to run were the exact same ones I used before, so this tells me I'm missing some kind of file that made them run smoothly. I even looked up what "error type" 12 meant, and it told me absolutley NOTHING! Thought it was just certain emulators but now I know it's any emulator I try to use.

Sorry for the long letter, but I wanted to explain it in detail so I don't get back responses with suggestions of things I've already tried..."reinstall, uninstall, restart after it quits, etc. I'm out of ideas and need some advice.

I have an imac DV 400mhz now updated to 9.2.2

Any help is appreciated. :(