afpfs-ng-OSX • network present with Classic MacOS • features

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

What would you like to see implemented next in afpfs-ng-OSX?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am

Conversion mechanism for preserving resource forks and metadata of critical files.
100%
Support of password protected shares.
No votes
Make the GUI work on OS X 10.6 and 10.7. Presently the volume selection script hangs there - at least on 10.6 (I'm not sure I'll be able to fix this though).
No votes

Total votes: 1
mabam
Master Emulator

afpfs-ng-OSX • network present with Classic MacOS • features

Post by mabam »

As more people report issues with the shared Unix folder under Basilisk II/SheepShaver on a High Sierra host, afpfs-ng-OSX seems to be relevant not only for Qemu but also for the aforementioned two emulators. I have therefore placed this poll under "General Macintosh Emulation".

afpfs-ng-OSX is for networking macOS/OS X with Classic MacOS. For more information see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9524&p=58790#p58790.

Next to some rather cosmetic fixes to the present GUI and its post-install mechanism, there are features I'd like to implement in future versions. Next to what people would like to have implemented first, I'm curious how much demand there is in general.

At some point I also hope to provide afpfs-ng-OSX with its own menu, but I don't have any plans as to when that will be.

Please test this on the various versions of macOS/OS X and let me know of any problems you encounter or any suggestions you might have. I'd be very thankful!