Need help - mouse and trackpad fail to scroll

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

DrLex
Tinkerer

Re: Need help - mouse and trackpad fail to scroll

Post by DrLex »

adespoton wrote:While you're in looking at the video modes: any chance you can fix the 256 color mode? I figure SDL should have some way of mapping 256 colors to 32 bits such that the guest OS thinks its in 256 but it's still displayed on a full pallette, thus avoiding many of the issues we've experienced over the years trying to patch it up at other levels of emulation.
Do you have an example of where there is a problem with the 256 color mode? I haven't noticed any so far…
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Come to think of it, that was a bug from 11 years ago, and I don’t recall seeing it recently either. Likely someone already fixed it, or we wouldn’t be able to play Escape Velocity. Never mind :)
DrLex
Tinkerer

Post by DrLex »

adespoton wrote:Come to think of it, that was a bug from 11 years ago, and I don’t recall seeing it recently either. Likely someone already fixed it, or we wouldn’t be able to play Escape Velocity. Never mind :)
It was probably from an era where OS X could still be set to 256 colours and this caused some conflicts… I seem to vaguely remember something like this but indeed those days seem to be long gone.