SheepShaver sound question

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

dandelion212
Space Cadet

SheepShaver sound question

Post by dandelion212 »

Hi! I am extremely new to all this and am just using the program for emulating some of my old CD-ROM games. I have SheepShaver set up and working with my games on Mac Os 9.0.4, the only thing that doesn't work is the sound. I searched for a few fixes but i don't have the apple sound extension file, and when I hit the volume button, mute button, or any alert sound in the sound control panel, windows says that SheepShaver has stopped working, and the program crashes. Any ideas?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: SheepShaver sound question

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

1. I understand correctly that you use SheepShaver for Windows?

2. In Sound control panel, on the left choose 'Output', then on the right side select 'Built-in'. 'Select' in this context means actually click on the line 'Built-in' so it will be highlighted. (The Volume slider there does not work in SheepShaver.)
dandelion212
Space Cadet

Post by dandelion212 »

Yes, I am using sheepshaver for windows. Selecting built-in does nothing, the entire program crashes back to windows.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

I understand that any action in the Sound control panel will make SheepShaver crash. Unusual problem.

Someone more familiar with SheepShaver for Windows may have an answer.