Running Macintosh Garden Game...

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

aurora0014
Space Cadet

Running Macintosh Garden Game...

Post by aurora0014 »

Any help would be so appreciated!

I have been trying to play the 1996 Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego game. I found downloadable files from Macintosh Garden at this link:

http://macintoshgarden.org/games/where- ... andiego-35

I installed and am running Mac OS 9 through SheepShaver using this tutorial I found on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQAf7GII9NY&t=592s

I have tried to download multiple versions of the game available on Macintosh Garden. I got the furthest with the 4.0 version in SheepShaver but alas, it asked for a CD-Rom insert.

I'm on a Macbook Air running OS 10.12.6 Sierra

Please help me fulfill this nostalgic Christmas wish!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Running Macintosh Garden Game...

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Better study our setup guide. Those YouTube tutorials do not tell you everything you need to know and some even give misleading instructions.
https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sh ... os_x_setup

If you use a recent SheepShaver build, it is easy to make the game believe that the actual CD is inserted. Add the CD image file to the volume list in SheepShaver preferences and check the CDROM box for that volume. After saving the change and quitting SheepShaver, the next time you launch SheepShaver, the volume will appear as CD on the desktop and the game will recognise it as such.
aurora0014
Space Cadet

Post by aurora0014 »

Thank you for your response!

I will reinstall SheepShaver using the guidelines you posted. In the meantime, could you walk me through how to mount a volume correctly from the preferences menu? I have tried this multiple times and each time, the new disk image has not appeared on my desktop. I think I may be doing something wrong :(
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

It should be easy. You must have done it successfully while setting up SheepShaver.

1. In preferences use the Add button to browse to and 'Open' the disk image file you want to be mounted. The path to that file will appear in the volumes list.
2. If the image should be mounted as CD, check the CDROM box.
3. Save the change and Quit (not restart) SheepShaver.

The next time you launch SheepShaver, the image volume will appear on the desktop in SheepShaver.
aurora0014
Space Cadet

Post by aurora0014 »

It’s working! Thank you SO much!