Escape Velocity in OS 9.0.4

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

CapnGnarly
Space Cadet

Escape Velocity in OS 9.0.4

Post by CapnGnarly »

I got Sheepshaver up and running a bit ago and love it. My purpose for doing so was to run Escape Velocity and its sequel EV:Override. I've got the first running, but each time I create a pilot, the pilot file is created, but as I play it's not updated, meaning I restart the game from scratch after a quit. I've also tried running the EV:O installer, but it just doesn't open even though it's a file directly from Ambrosia SW (dug these up from old floppy disks my dad still had).

Does anyone else use SS for this and have a fix or experiencing the same problem?
Jorpho
Master Emulator

Re: Escape Velocity in OS 9.0.4

Post by Jorpho »

As Escape Velocity is a 68k game, it may be preferable to use Basilisk instead.
I've got the first running, but each time I create a pilot, the pilot file is created, but as I play it's not updated, meaning I restart the game from scratch after a quit.
How did you install the game? Did you copy the game to an emulated hard disk image within Sheepshaver?
I've also tried running the EV:O installer, but it just doesn't open even though it's a file directly from Ambrosia SW (dug these up from old floppy disks my dad still had).
How did you get the files off the floppy disks? The most reliable way would be to make images of each floppy and then load the individual floppy images.