Screen Brightness

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

TipperFreak
Space Cadet

Screen Brightness

Post by TipperFreak »

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the Sheepshaver world and I just recently purchased Heros of Might and Magic 3. I have successfully been able to play the game (still figuring out how to get the screen to not be windowed) but I see that issue has been addressed already.

My real question is why when I launch the game does it makes my screen brightness go way down?? Almost like its being dimmed. Could anyone help me troubleshoot this???
Elyus
Tinkerer

Re: Screen Brightness

Post by Elyus »

In the absence of other info, my first guess is the gamma ramp bug kanjitalk mentioned for BasiliskII and further discussed on GitHub. Some games were exhibiting odd behavior when changing color palettes and gamma settings; in particular, games using 16-bit color depth (thousands of colors) may appear dimmed. The issues have been resolved in the latest source, but with no nightly builds, you'd need to compile it or wait for a new build to be shared. Are you using Mac, Windows, or a Linux host?