Redundant Robot OS9 image

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Gimmeslack12
Space Cadet

Redundant Robot OS9 image

Post by Gimmeslack12 »

Hey all!

I am deciding to remove hosting of my OS 9 image and other Mac images from my site. They are too big and use up too much of my bandwidth. I will keep the ROMs up there for now but just thought I'd come say thank you for all the interest in my site over the years!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Redundant Robot OS9 image

Post by adespoton »

Gimmeslack12 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:54 pm Hey all!

I am deciding to remove hosting of my OS 9 image and other Mac images from my site. They are too big and use up too much of my bandwidth. I will keep the ROMs up there for now but just thought I'd come say thank you for all the interest in my site over the years!
Thanks for all you've done to support so many over the years!

Nowadays when OS 9 images are available on the Macintosh Garden and Archive.org, that seems like somewhere that makes much more sense to grab them, instead of depending on you paying the hosting costs for everyone.

We should probably change the instructions on our wiki page to not refer to Redundant Robot for the OS 9 image anymore.

I see that Archive.org already has a "Mac OS 9.0.4 HD for SheepShaver" pre-built image available. I see someone's also added "Mac OS 9.0.4 Internal Edition" for people who want to set it up themselves but want the latest and best installer that will work with SheepShaver.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

adespoton wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:48 amWe should probably change the instructions on our wiki page to not refer to Redundant Robot for the OS 9 image anymore.
As far as I am aware, we do not refer to Redundant Robot's OS9 image in the instructions on our wiki page. I often advised against using it for a final setup, because it is an incomplete OS9 installation (only the System folder) with no room left for additional software. We do, though, refer to the ROM files on Redundant Robot in both SheepShaver and BasiliskII setup guides, specifically the ones labeled there as "New World PPC ROM", "Old World 4mb ROM", and "Performa ROM".
Gimmeslack12
Space Cadet

Post by Gimmeslack12 »

I honestly don't know where most of the traffic is coming from but knew that some traffic was from here. Really at this point I don't even know how to manage the images anymore as I haven't messed with the emulators for quite a long time. It is fun knowing that this community is here still though, and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Mac OS Classic.