Trouble loading game on sheepshaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

oregontrailfan
Space Cadet

Trouble loading game on sheepshaver

Post by oregontrailfan »

Hi all,

I am trying to load Oregon Trail II to SheepShaver and am having trouble! I am working on a Mac OS 10.6.8, and have OS 9 in my SheepShaver. I am an absolute beginner, as of two days ago I'd never even heard of SheepShaver.

After moving the Oregon Trail II .sit file from the downloads files in Unix to the Mac OS 9 disk, I tried to expand the .sit file by double clicking on it, but a window pops up saying "There is not enough room on 'Mac OS 9'. Additional 73,105,408 bytes needed." I am not sure what to do from here, does anyone have any pointers for me or a link to a guide on what to do? Preferably something that is step by step as my computer related knowledge is seriously lacking.

Thank you thank you!!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Trouble loading game on sheepshaver

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

This reply assumes that you use a regular SheepShaver setup that you set up yourself.

The .sit file is probably a stuffed disk image, likely a CD-ROM image. First expand the .sit file on the host. The resulting disk image file could have different extensions, like .img or .dmg or .toast. Add that file to the volumes list in SheepShaver preferences and check the CD-ROM box next to it. At next launch of SheepShaver the disk will appear on the desktop.