New (July 1, 2012) SheepShaver MacOSX build for testing
In the past 6 months again improvements were made by several contributors. Here is the result in a new build for testing. To make sure that SheepShaver will continue to work on future OSX versions, efforts are gradually moving towards Intel 64-bit.
This build should work on any MacOSX version on PPC or Intel, from 10.4 (Tiger) to 10.7 (Lion) and possibly 10.8 (Mountain Lion). It has not yet been extensively tested on all possible configurations. Observations are welcome.Download: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ronaldpr/sheepsha ... 1_test.zipSome of the improvements:
- Gamma fix that allows running Ferazel's Wand and some other games.
- When SheepShaver is not using CD-ROMs (CD-ROM driver disabled in preferences), SheepShaver will no longer prevent ejecting CD-ROMs in the OSX host.
- Accidental mounting of disk images at the same time in SheepShaver and OSX is prevented.
- Copy and paste text both ways between guest MacOS and host OSX is now also possible in 64-bit mode. This solves the main obstacle for using SheepShaver in 64-bit mode. More: In 64-bit mode you can copy and paste formatted text both ways. This is tested with SimpleText and Tex-Edit Plus in MacOS and with TextEdit in OSX. It may work with more applications.Some remaining issues:
- Copy and paste images from OSX to MacOS does mostly not work in 64-bit mode. (It works in 64-bit mode from MacOS to OSX and it works both ways in 32-bit mode.)
- On Intel: Disturbing partial color shifts after clicking anywhere in SheepShaver window after the window has been minimized or hidden and brought back in view. (The discoloration can be solved by changing and changing back the color depth in Monitors control panel or from the color depth control strip tile.)
- Only when running SheepShaver in full-screen mode in 64-bit mode in Snow Leopard: Serious cursor problems that necessitate a force-quit of SheepShaver.