Sheepshaver - Lindows

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Bassie
Space Cadet

Sheepshaver - Lindows

Post by Bassie »

I wonder would sheepshaver run on latest release of lindows (4.5.122)?
And if so could it be placed in the online warehouse ?

Thx
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I wasn't able to using the Lindows 4.5 Developers CD. But then I don't have a CnR subscription to download additional packages to start fixing required dependances when installing the RPM or create the binary manually.
phirkel
Apple Corer

Post by phirkel »

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lindows...

*snork*

Get Mandrake at least...or Ark Linux. Do NOT bother with that train wreck because it is just that: a trainwreck. Use some form of Linux that is't marred by proprietary, non-GPL garbage. They tend to be better supported by the community and easier to use in the long run.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Lindows 4.5 was made available for two days to OSNews.com readers last week, so I downloaded it and tried it out. It's pretty slick, but too limited without a CnR subscription.

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5758

I'm downloading Lorma Linux 4 (with Fedora Core 1) at the moment, but have almost all popular current distros (plus some) burnt. Today is the first day I have my new Athlon XP ready for a permanant Linux install.

You usually recommend Gento, Rob Snyder and "Jackalo" recommend Slackware, others say Fedora based distros finally detect all their hardware. And as I'm familiar with Mandrake and Gwenole works for and develops on Mandrake, that's another possibility.