2-1/2 minutes to boot

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

trexploer

2-1/2 minutes to boot

Post by trexploer »

Finally got things working Panther OS10.3 on P4 2.4Ghz (overclocked to 3.3Ghz). Boot up time is pretty good (using 1024x768 res) althoigh the emulation is a little slow for any real work ... Very impressive piece of work. Congrats to the authors ....

A couple of tips that solved my problems:

1) Remember to turn off windows screen savers and to move the mouse in ppc (F12) during install or the system may sleep/crash, especially during slow parts of the install.
2) Check to make sure your boot hard disk image has partion table in correct order (i.e., boot partition must be 2nd). This needs to be done after the 1st OSX Install CD. See http://www.emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=971
3) If installing OS10.3 Panther, you need to reboot to finish the install. Remember to change the slave config to the 2nd Install Panther CD (yes you'll need to make an ISO of the 2nd OSX Panther Install CD) since the installer will ask for it.

Enjoy .... !
duckie
Granny Smith

Post by duckie »

or just go to the Finder menu up top and choose 'Quit Installer'

worked for me

Post by Guest »

I thought time travel would happen sooner than PPC emulation :o
amRadioHed
Space Cadet

Post by amRadioHed »

I thought time travel would happen sooner than PPC emulation
It did! PearPC was first released in 2417, 8 years after the first successful voyage back in time. Time travelers aren't supposed to influence the past, but someone broke the rules hoping that 400 years would be enough time to find that tricky bug causing OS XCII to crash while booting ;)

Post by Guest »

lol
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Best. first. post. ever.

Post by Guest »

I thought you couldn't overclock Pentiums.
trexplorer

Post by trexplorer »

533 mhz bus P4's overclock well ... juts increase bus speed from stock 133 to 175 or 185 mhz ... voltage and temperature don't change ... Cheap solution for a lot performance. Check out overclockers.com cpu database ..