Please Help, HD won't work

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Please Help, HD won't work

Post by Guest »

Hi.

I am a long time Windows user, and I wanted to see how the better half lived. so i picked up PearPc, but I can't seem to get any of the HD images to work... I have noticed that none of the images are multiples of 516096. does this matter. i know the config file is correct because if i disable the HD it works fine. i can even get to the installer of OS 10.3. is there a way i could make an image? or is the problem not in the image file? btw i have tried all of the image flies.

just in case this is important...
PearPC v0.1.2 and v0.2
Pentium IIIm @ 1133MHz
768MB Ram
Windows 2000 pro sp4

also, not sure if i need other software for PearPC to read the file... i'm running it on a clean install of win2k.

Thanks for reading thus far, and for any help.

-Tech04
grayfox
Tinkerer

Post by grayfox »

Theres a pre formated image avable on this forum use it well.
http://www.emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1171

Post by Guest »

Wow that was quick, thanks. Interesting problem though... It doesn't work. I'm using WinRAR and it says write error probably disk full, but i have over 10GB free... any ideas?

oh, and yes I tried redownloading it just to be sure.

-Tech04
grayfox
Tinkerer

Post by grayfox »

8O Ive never seen that error i will downlaod it again and recompress it for u then edit this post and add it as an atachment.

edit: doesnt look like this will zip only rar
Last edited by grayfox on Fri May 21, 2004 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Wow. People on this fourm are so nice! Thank you so much. Are all mac people so helpful?

-Tech04
grayfox
Tinkerer

Post by grayfox »

sorry i havent been much help try reinstalling win rar thats all i can think of

Post by Guest »

Hmm... tried that already... guess I'll reinstall win2000... I really want to try OSX before I buy an iBook. Thanks for all your help.

Post by Guest »

Just in case anyone else has this same problem later on... reinstalling win2000 does work. the file extracted perfectly and i'm instlling OS 10.3 right now. Thanks for all you help.

-Tech04