10.1 in 30 - A visual log of my 10.1 install with 30 screens

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

sHARD>>
Inquisitive Elf

10.1 in 30 - A visual log of my 10.1 install with 30 screens

Post by sHARD>> »

Check out:

http://tjtech.org/pearpc

To see a visual log of my 10.1 install. It runs pretty good.

Enjoy!
Collaborate with security:
Use WASTE
MeanE
Site Admin

Post by MeanE »

Hey

I hope you don't mind me asking, but if you are using windows, what skin are you using? Your title bar looks nice. ;)

- Jeff
sHARD>>
Inquisitive Elf

Post by sHARD>> »

MeanE wrote:Hey

I hope you don't mind me asking, but if you are using windows, what skin are you using? Your title bar looks nice. ;)

- Jeff
It's called Classix - its on DeviantArt

A full screenie: http://tjtech.org/mar.jpg
Use WASTE
tomz

Post by tomz »

You got to connect to the net?
ChemBot

Post by ChemBot »

did you have to compile 0.2pre or is there a binary available for downloading?
ya3
Inquisitive Elf

Post by ya3 »

hehe, nice screenshots 8)

im just curious: did you actually get on the net, or just
install the browsers? if you did get on, how?
sHARD>>
Inquisitive Elf

Post by sHARD>> »

I did NOT get on the net, and Internet Explorer is installed by default on 10.1. I used the nightly build (5.22.04) of 0.2pre (trunk).
Use WASTE
Kyle
Space Cadet

Post by Kyle »

I don't get it. How are all of you able to click on things and they'll load, but when I try it'll never load. I can't even scroll over the dock because if I try It'll say it's loading, and it'll stay that way forever, always loading and never coming up. My comp has 128 DDR. I don't know if this matters too, but I'm also using the 3 gig image instead of the 6. If I used the 6, would it be running faster since there would be more space on the HD? Here's a pic:
It seems as if all I can do is move the mouse around, and that's it. sHARD, please help!
Note: The window that's open was not opened by me. It opened itself when I started OS X.
sHARD>>
Inquisitive Elf

Post by sHARD>> »

Kyle wrote:I don't get it. How are all of you able to click on things and they'll load, but when I try it'll never load. I can't even scroll over the dock because if I try It'll say it's loading, and it'll stay that way forever, always loading and never coming up. My comp has 128 DDR. I don't know if this matters too, but I'm also using the 3 gig image instead of the 6. If I used the 6, would it be running faster since there would be more space on the HD? Here's a pic:
It seems as if all I can do is move the mouse around, and that's it. sHARD, please help!
Note: The window that's open was not opened by me. It opened itself when I started OS X.
1) I am using 0.2pre (5.22.04), which is MUCH faster
2) I am using 10.1, which is also faster
3) I have a 1.8GHz CPU, if you have any slower than that it causes problems
4) I am using the JIT build

If you have anything different than that, expect to get poor performance. I get almost usable performace (about equavilant to using my computer while 85% of the CPU is being crunched by some program - usable, but not very fun to use).
Use WASTE
Kyle
Space Cadet

Post by Kyle »

Alright, I'l upgrade my PearPC. But If I upgrade, am I going to have to install OS X again?

BTW, I'm using 10.3 not 10.1 and I'm running on a 1.8 GHz processor as well.
sHARD>>
Inquisitive Elf

Post by sHARD>> »

Kyle wrote:Alright, I'l upgrade my PearPC. But If I upgrade, am I going to have to install OS X again?

BTW, I'm using 10.3 not 10.1 and I'm running on a 1.8 GHz processor as well.
10.3 is slower, and no you do not have to reinstall, but if you did it woudl be much faster (hard drive access speed has been greatly improved).
Use WASTE
OoTLink

Post by OoTLink »

O_o 10.3 is slower? Try 10.2.... it's WAY faster than 10.1 (at least on real macs)....

10.3 is buggier for some odd reaoson.