Installation crashes

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

notnamed

Installation crashes

Post by notnamed »

So I got the CD image to boot, and it sat there at the "happy mac" screen for a while. I pressed F12 and after a little bit a spinning color wheel cursor appeared. It sat there and spinned (mainly because it wasn't responding to mouse movement.) Then the cursor stopped spinning. Next to the cursor this distorted image of the cursor appeared - grainy, flickering and shrunk. It sat there and flickered for a while. Then on the left side of the screen a white bar appeared. It said that the installation crashed (error 1) and to press enter to reboot. I pressed enter, it scrolled past some crazy error messages, and closed the PearPC window.

Attempting to install: MacOSX 10.0 (because I don't own any of the other ones. I have these three cupons for "product updates" though, if anyone could tell me what those are for that'd be nice :))

Cybermagellan

FUBAR'd installation

Post by Cybermagellan »

Just as a question you running any skinning programs? Took my 5 hours to install 10.2 cause I was running WindowsBlinds....if so turn it off. WHALA worked for me

Post by Guest »

Not really. I have ObjectDock installed, and I use StyleXP to skin my programs... but that shouldn't have anything to do with it since that's native windows themes right?
Ph0eniX
Mac Mechanic

Post by Ph0eniX »

Anonymous wrote:Not really. I have ObjectDock installed, and I use StyleXP to skin my programs... but that shouldn't have anything to do with it since that's native windows themes right?
Disable StyleXP and try it again.

Post by Guest »

Um, disabling stylexp will just make the taskbar entry go away. All stylexp does is allows windows to use non-microsoft-created themes. It's not the same as windowblinds.

Post by Guest »

A run down of what I have (so far) unsuccessfully did:
Closed ObjectDock and WinBar (WinBar is a system resources monitoring program)
Used the "disable visual themes" compatibility option
Closed CursorXP
Closed everything in the taskbar except virus scanner, zonalarm, PCAlert (my CPU has been overheating recently, I didn't want to close this) and a sound utility.
Switched to Windows Classic theme
Used the "Windows 98/ME" compatibility option

I'm guessing that either a) PearPC can't install 10.0 or b) my 10.0 install disk and/or ISO rip of it are corrupted.

Has anyone else gotten 10.0 properly installed?
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

I don't believe PPC supports 10.0 at this time. Sorry. :(

Post by Guest »

Damnit. Well, can anyone tell me anything about these coupons I found in my OSX box? My grandma gave this to my sister with a mac, but I took it since nobody could get OSX installed on the mac.