Damn it! Can't make a bootable ISO!

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

MiLToS_666
Inquisitive Elf

Damn it! Can't make a bootable ISO!

Post by MiLToS_666 »

Well...

Sorry if this has been posted many times but the topics are so many that I can't find a proper one to reply too, so I made a new one...
The problem is that I can't make PearPC to recognise my 10.3 ISO's as bootable!
I used Nero with "Save Tracks" option, Alcohol 120%, IsoBuster & Bin2Iso, Gemulator Explorer... The last two can't read the 2 ending sectors in both my 10.2 and 10.3 CDs, Nero and Alcohol work fine in reading them...
The 10.2 ISO I make is working like a charm... But the 10.3 ISO is a bitch!
If I press 0 the emulator lists the partitions it finds... but says none of them is bootable. :(

Any help will be great...

MiLToS_666
Cat_7
Expert User

post your config file

Post by Cat_7 »

Miltos,

Please post your config file

Cat_7
NO BOOTY

ISO is Not Bootylicious

Post by NO BOOTY »

I have the same problem. I've tried every method suggested in this forum ( and many other forums ) for days and still can't make a bootable ISO. I always end up with "O Bootable Partition Found". I use EVERYTHING MacDrive 5, Nero 6.3 (using Nero Save Track ISO), Magic ISO 4.5, Clone CD 4.3, Gemulator Explorer, Toast ( in Mac and save as image ) to create ISO or IMG from CD 1 of MacOSX Panther 10.3 as instructed. I really don't know why, because CD 1, CD2, CD3 & CD4 ( I have the 4 CDs version ) all works perfectly when installed in Mac. Is it because you cannot create bootable ISO using 4 CDs version, because I've read that some people used the DVD version of MacOSX Panther 10.3 and they can create the ISO successfuly?

I went to many other forum and I found out that many other people have the same problem, but there are still no solution. Anyone have the same problem and found any solution? Thanks a lot for any help.

PLEASE HELP
MiLToS_666
Inquisitive Elf

Post by MiLToS_666 »

OK here is my config file:

#PearPC Configuration File

ppc_start_resolution=4
redraw_interval_msec=200
prom_driver_graphic = "video.x"
cpu_pvr=0x00088302
memory_size=0x8000000
prom_bootmethod="select"
prom_env_machargs=""
pci_ide0_master_installed=1
pci_ide0_master_image="E:\MACOSX103.img"
pci_ide0_master_type="hd"
pci_ide0_slave_installed=1
pci_ide0_slave_image="E:\MACOSX103_CD1.iso"
pci_ide0_slave_type="cdrom"
#pci_3c90x_installed=0
#pci_3c90x_mac="de:ad:ca:fe:12:34"
pci_usb_installed=1
nvram_file="nvram"

Thanks,

MiLToS_666
Cat_7
Expert User

Remark on config file

Post by Cat_7 »

Hello Miltos,

I can see only one entry in your config file I could make a remark about:

In my config I have this line,
#pci_ide0_master_type = "hd"

You could try it...

Best wishes,

Cat_7
MiLToS_666
Inquisitive Elf

Post by MiLToS_666 »

Thanks for the remark Cat_7 but I don't think there's anything wrong with my config file.
I could just comment out the #pci_ide0_master_type = "hd" option, it would make no difference though.
The problem is with my 10.3 ISO image not being bootable while the 10.2 one works. I bet my Panther CD will have no problem booting on a real Mac.

Thanks,

MiLToS_666
Yukon Kid
Mac Mechanic

Post by Yukon Kid »

Hey NO BOOTY

if you put your CD1 into the Mac and check to see just how big the disk is you will probably find it is more than 700mb, mine was 3.3 gig and it is on a dvd rom. I also have 4 cd's in my set. make sure when you save it with nero that you save the whole thing. It worked for me. Installing, well that was a different problem but I did boot from the iso and ran the disk utility so I know that it does work, not as fast as my G5 though.
I am currently at 23hrs + in the install on the pc.... not the speed I am used to, although the install of XP took me several trys because I forgot the programs are not as smart as I am...lol.

keep trying you will win
chrishaas
Space Cadet

Post by chrishaas »

Try CDRWin and run Bin2ISO on it afterwards. I did a fresh install of CDRWin, didn't change any settings, made a BIN/CUE and ran this Bin2ISO on it:

http://www.codeproject.com/tools/Bin2Iso.asp

Worked wonderfully.
Caesar
Student Driver

Post by Caesar »

Same problem here.
There is no way to make that damn iso bootable.

I've tried everything on Mac and on PC to make an iso.... but PearPC still can't find a bootable partition inside that iso.

I'm sure my iso are ok. I'm using original Panther CDs to make that isos.

I've tried to move (with pdisk) the "MacoS X Install Disk.dmg" partition from 2nd to 1st in partioton map (like the tip to make bootable the HD image after MacOS X instalaltion).... but still PearPC can't find a bootable partition.

I've posted this problem here too: http://www.emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1224

Any help?

TIA
MiLToS_666
Inquisitive Elf

Post by MiLToS_666 »

Tried the CDRWin and Bin2ISO method... No go...
I will try to make the ISO from my Fedora Core 1 installation and see what happens!

MiLToS_666
snarf0

Post by snarf0 »

I used Iso buster and chose to rip to iso image choosing convert/extract to user data.

newest version.
http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
*registered version*

also used pear peeler config gui

and also used the 6GB hd image from

http://www.liquid-y.de/camouflagex/pear ... rnaled.rar