Infinite error message!

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

AndymIOM

Infinite error message!

Post by AndymIOM »

I am using the jit version of pearpc on a P4 2.26 with 512mb ram. I have got the disk images and the cd images set up correctly but when I try to install jaguar I get to the grey apple, then it just sits there. The console window has a constant error message that says:

JITC Warning, Program Exception: 00080000 00000000

Anybody having the same problem :?:
VenomSnake

Post by VenomSnake »

I get the exact same problem.

My specs are
P4B 3.06
1 gig DDR-3200 Ram
Nvidia GF4 Ti4600

I'm using an image of Mac OS X 10.2 I made from an install DVD I have. It recognizes one of the parts of the CD as bootable, but gives this error message. I've tried with both PearPC 1.2 and 2.
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

All I can say is that PPC is not gaurenteed to work on every system out there. There is a chance that your particular configuration of hardware/software is simply incompatible. That's the way most Alpha programs are. The best thing you can do is report your hardware configuration to the devs for evaluation and hope they can resolve the issue in a later release.

Post by Guest »

yup i'm gettin the same >:(

athlon xp 2100+ (1733mhz)
512mb ddr pc2100 ram
radeon8500LE 64mb

using os x 10.3 (or trying to atleast :o)

with the non-JITC version it just kinda stops.. :(
VenomSnake
Student Driver

Post by VenomSnake »

Hey are you guys using an original retail disk, or a system restore disk from a Mac? Also, are you using a CD or DVD?

I'm using an eMac restore disk DVD that has 10.2 on it.
VenomSnake
Student Driver

Post by VenomSnake »

Ok for people getting this error message, I'm almost positive it's a compatibility problem between the OSX disk you are using and PearPC, as I got another disk and tried it on the same exact system and settings as was giving me the error message, and it worked flawlessly. I'm guessing this may be an error with system restore disks.