Running PearPC in Linux

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Allclone

Running PearPC in Linux

Post by Allclone »

Hello every one im just woundering if some one can tell me a good place to go to get pear pc running properly on a linux machine I have tryed compiling the source code like it says to do at
http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/getstart.html
But with no luck I countinualy get errors.
I downloaded the nightly builds and tryed just running thoughs but when I go to start ppc I get this

Code: Select all

executing 'scripts/ifppc_up.setuid' ...
********************************************************************************
couldn't exec 'scripts/ifppc_up.setuid': No such file or directory
program terminated with exit code 1
exec ifconfig
[IO/3c90x] <Error> open enetif failed
and I have the scripts folder from the source folder in the dir of the compiled ppc folder.

So if any one knows where their is a good tutorail for getting pearpc setup on a linux machine that would be helpfull or if any one know what is cousing this error that would be helpfull also.

Note: Im new to the hole compiling thing with linux so if some one knows how to do that properly I will go for another try of that.

Thankfull for any help.
Wbdsgnr

Post by Wbdsgnr »

You just built it... You should disable that network card at first, then after installing mac osx you should worry about network config :) But if you want network going look here: http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/netsetup.html
Allclone

Post by Allclone »

I have it running with mac os allready installed and running but that errors happen when I enable network stupport.
Wbdsgnr

Post by Wbdsgnr »

Did you do, "modprobe tun"? If that module doesn't exist you should enable this in the linux kernel. And did you install the 3com driver in mac osx itself?
trexplorer

Post by trexplorer »

Anyone know if the linux version runs any better or faster than pc version - thanks.

Re: Running PearPC in Linux

Post by Guest »

Allclone wrote:

executing 'scripts/ifppc_up.setuid' ...
********************************************************************************
couldn't exec 'scripts/ifppc_up.setuid': No such file or directory
program terminated with exit code 1
exec ifconfig
[IO/3c90x] <Error> open enetif failed
You need to compile the if*setuid.c files and then (as root)

# chown root *.setuid
# chmod u+s *.setuid
Then copy the scripts to where you run ppc

# find scripts -depth -print | cpio -pvdum /my/ppc/dir
You will end up with a copy of scripts in /my/ppc/dir/scripts with all the files having the attributes preseved.