Panther Installation freezes... :'(

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Frugn

Panther Installation freezes... :'(

Post by Frugn »

Hi,

I'm currently running PPC in the background and it's been installing Panther fine up to about 20mins ago, since when it has been stuck on the 'Processing Media Files' screen. I think it has locked up, but every so often the installation progress bar 'shimmers' (you know, that effect that it has). Question is, is this normal or should I restart the installation?
Ph0eniX
Mac Mechanic

Re: Panther Installation freezes... :'(

Post by Ph0eniX »

Frugn wrote:Hi,

I'm currently running PPC in the background and it's been installing Panther fine up to about 20mins ago, since when it has been stuck on the 'Processing Media Files' screen. I think it has locked up, but every so often the installation progress bar 'shimmers' (you know, that effect that it has). Question is, is this normal or should I restart the installation?
How long have you been waiting?

Post by Guest »

installation takes about 4 hours for me.. so yes sometimes it will look like it's doing nothing that's normal. ( hell doing the update from 10.3 to 10.3.3 took 3 hours too... aargh )

Post by Guest »

It was about 30mins before I gave up and started the installation again. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.