Cant boot......Cant run Setup....

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

prasys
Forum All-Star

Cant boot......Cant run Setup....

Post by prasys »

Well , First of all , I am on a dial-up connection , so I can't download the 500 MB Darwin ISO...off Apple Site...

I have followed the steps "install OS X without Darwin" but it says Unbootable...Is they anyway to make it bootable ?

Sorry if someone else posted this question

Well , I did not rip using Nero..:D
Lynx
Space Cadet

Post by Lynx »

First, is it telling you the image is not readable?? or something to that extent, if so.. mount it using daemon tools and extract raw from it and create a new bin file e.g. mac os x CD1.bin, than use bintoiso to convert it to an iso and try that, i had the same problem or similar and had to go iso -> bin -> iso.. than it worked, apart from that.. meh... don't know, make sure your config for the drives is set up correctly, try the nightly 0.2pre builds as well..

Lynx
prasys
Forum All-Star

Post by prasys »

What I meant is

PearPC boots , no problem..But it says "No bootable paration found"....Well , how could I make my OSX 10.3 Panther CD Bootable (I paid, and i bought from Apple Store, its not a upgrade...Its a Full CD)...Please , someone help me...:D
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

There are plenty of step by step instructions in the thread by Clockwise....I recommend you take a look at those...
prasys
Forum All-Star

Post by prasys »

I am creating a MacOS X CD now using Alcohol 120% , hopefully it should work...:D