VNC Mouse Wierdness

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

liquex
Student Driver

VNC Mouse Wierdness

Post by liquex »

I'm running windows XP withe the fullscreen patched PearPC 0.1.2. Ultr@VNC is installed on this computer (as it has no monitor)

When i connect to that computer using a VNC viewer program, everything in native windows is fine... but when i run PearPC and capture the mouse by pushing F12 or F5 (to go fullscreen), the mouse is VERY, VERY sensitive. so sensitife I have to work pretty hard to click just one button or menu... and it's a pain.

The same thing happens when I try to play Ut2k4 (i know its stupid to do over VNC but i was curious as to how it worked)

So i'm thinking either its the VNC Server program (i've played with TightVNC but didn't like it as much as Ultr@VNC) or a direct x problem.

and i don't think pearpc utilizes direct x, so what could i do to fix this?
Verdoc

Post by Verdoc »

I am having this same problem over winxp remote desktop. When I enable the mouse it almost instantly just goes to the bottom right corner.
bartolo5

same

Post by bartolo5 »

same problem here with Remote Desktop on WindowsXP
litghost
Tinkerer

Post by litghost »

Try turning down your redraw rate. This seems like it should work, but is not the best solution.
liquex
Student Driver

Post by liquex »

nothing different, except a slower UI... making for an even more difficult time placing the cursor where i want it