Celeron optimized cpu.

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Abacab
Space Cadet

Celeron optimized cpu.

Post by Abacab »

Hi!

For Celeron users, (I know this is not really the type of cpu good for PearPC but...) would it be possible to compile PPC to be optimized for?
I don't really know how to compile and I don't have internet at home, i'm using it at school, i would have tried to do it myself...

Could somebody do it or is it worthless?

Thanks, PearPC rocks!
MeanE
Site Admin

Re: Celeron optimized cpu.

Post by MeanE »

Abacab wrote:Hi!

For Celeron users, (I know this is not really the type of cpu good for PearPC but...) would it be possible to compile PPC to be optimized for?
I don't really know how to compile and I don't have internet at home, i'm using it at school, i would have tried to do it myself...

Could somebody do it or is it worthless?

Thanks, PearPC rocks!
I'm not 100% sure, since I have not kept up with the current progress of celerons. but I was under the impression that they were just trimmed down P4's (currently). So a P4 build should work allright (as can be expected on a Celeron).

Post by Guest »

what speed is your celeron?

because if it's a newer one it would be built the same way as a P4 build

if it's and older PIII based celeron then you'd need a to compile it for a pentium3 since there are no Celeron only optimization flags

i suggest you use the P4 version no matter what...i tried a PIII build and it came out faster then an unoptimized one, but slower then the P4 on the same computer