using network TAP-WIN32? OSX

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

C++04

using network TAP-WIN32? OSX

Post by C++04 »

I recently installed the new .2 build w/network and screen patch. I change the network settings to this,
## Network (unavailable on windows)
##
## Choose one of the cards

pci_rtl8139_installed = 1
pci_rtl8139_mac = "de:ad:ca:fe:12:34"

then when i ran PPC i got this

TAP-WIN32]:Enumerationg TAP devices...
TAP-WIN32]:Could not locate any installed Tap-WIN32 devices
IO/rt18139] <Error> Open enetif failed: Operation not permitted

(BTW i installed openvpn beta 2) I am not sure what is going on. Thankyou for your help :D
VenomSnake
Student Driver

Post by VenomSnake »

Did you try restarting your comp?
litghost
Tinkerer

Post by litghost »

did you install the newer version of openvpn? you must do this.
C++04

Post by C++04 »

I restarted my comp. No luck
C++04

Post by C++04 »

yup i have the latest version
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

do you have latest version of pearpc from http://www.kelley.ca/pearpc/ ? if not, download it
litghost
Tinkerer

Post by litghost »

Check in your network connections that a "TAP-Win32 Adapter" appears. If not add one via Add New Hardware.
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

mine was working until i shut pearpc down then it gave me the same error and i downloaded the latest build from the site of kelly and it work now
C++04

Post by C++04 »

Wow! thankyou all for the very quick replies :D. Ok i downloaded that version of pearpc but now when i go to the command prompt and type in ppc ppccfg.example, it says there is no such file
iceboi

Newer copy does work

Post by iceboi »

I'm using 2.0 beta 2 and it does pick it up yet if I use old copy it does but the card does pick up under mac os X why is this?
what windows are you running?
thanx
litghost
Tinkerer

Post by litghost »

Check where you are(ie pwd). Also I would bind the .pearpc extension to start ppc, so that if you are using a config that works, it will simply start. The only problem with this is I can't figure out how to keep a cmd window open after it ends, so if you mess up the config file you can't see the error.
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

If your using Win32-TAP then the things that your going to want to look for is that you those lines added in your ppcfg_hd file....the .example is only an example...it's not the file that is called.

If this doesn't answer that then please explain a tad bit more in detail
C++04

Post by C++04 »

Ok few! I finally got everything set up. It is starting up. I hope it detects the card :D
iceboi

What windows does it work on

Post by iceboi »

Hi again
What windows have you guys got it working on...does it work with XP?
I try load SP1 on and loading windows updates. but still beta 2 does work it keep tell my I do not have tap network card install. I look in my device listing in windows xp and it there but still it can't find it. Why is that? and why is that 1.6 RC4 works? but no card in MACOS X?
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

iceboy: go here http://www.kelley.ca/pearpc/ and download the pearpc and openvpn 2.0. it was updated around 5 pm EST so if you downloaded the first group of those, download again and see if that works. replace your pearpc with the one in that rar file. uninstall any openvpn you have, reboot, reinstall, reboot. make sure you reboot. then go from there...

good luck
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

i have noticed that the exe that is offered on this site ( http://www.richardgoodwin.com/pearpc/ ) does bug down when you try to run the network with it