It detects card and says I am able to connect but?

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

OSX

It detects card and says I am able to connect but?

Post by OSX »

Ok mac os x found the ethernet card and the little green light button was on and said i could connect to the internet w/ an ip address. I try and nothing happens. It says unable to connect. I guess this would be a problem on the windows side? It is weird that the connection is running, it just won't let me surf hmmmm....
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

THIS IS THE PROBLEM I HAD AND SOLVED

You need to make sure that, in the settings for Internet Connection Sharing in your main network connection, you are pointing to the correct TAP-WIN32 network connection (for me it's called "Local Area Connection 2").

Hope this helps. :)
OSX

Post by OSX »

how do i point it to the TAP-WIN32. Thanks for the help :)
OSX

Post by OSX »

I see what you mean about pointing it out but i can only change that option on a network connection that i don't use. I am using wireless connection and there is only and option to turn sharing on. My lan connection that is disabled has the option of choosing the connection to share. The only other connection that i have is the WIN-32 connection
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

osx I'm under wireless as well...I have:

"Wireless Network Connection" - my wireless connection that works
Local Area Connection 2 - my ethernet when I hook up through wires
Local Area Connection 5 - OpenVPN's connection

right click wireless network connection go to properties, click advanced tab...configure sharing to your openvpn connection...in my case that was local area connection 5. hit ok and hopefully you will be golden. I haven't been yet...but still trying
OSX

Post by OSX »

the weird thing is, is that I only have 2 option in the sharing window. One is allow others network users to connect through this computer's internet connection. And the other is allow other network users to control or disable the sharing internet connection. In my lan I have what you mentioned but i don't have those options in my wireless connection
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

thats wierd...what wireless connection do you have? I have a netgear 54Mbps WGR614v2 wireless router
OSX

Post by OSX »

i have a d-link air 802.11b card hmmmmmm
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

not sure? I don't know all that much about networking...sorry. only the bare minimum :?

has anyone that is wireless been able to connect through their router???
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

That's a strange phenominon. In theory all of the network connections should have the same options. Maybe XP just doesn't have the ability to share a wireless connection with a specific other connection. :?
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

I"m on wireless and I can do it fine (and I have xp)...but for some reason he can't :?
OSX

Post by OSX »

I will try a reinstall of my driver and wireless card and see if that does it :D
Chr1z

Post by Chr1z »

i dont have wireless connection and that option isn't there :cry: ! only on the 1394 connetction.. this is weird.. :?
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

try uninstalling and reinstalling openvpn...perhaps that will help. make sure you reboot every time you uninstall/reinstall
OSX

Post by OSX »

Fixed the problem! :D :D :D I uninstalled my ethernet driver and restarted. I then opened up my connections and selected repair. While it was doing this, it found the ethernet driver again and installed it. When I went back to the connection for my wireless card, I have the options to choose which network to use. Thanks to all very much! Hopefully now i will be able to connect! I love OSX :D