Installer

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Would you prefer an installable .exe with defaults?

Poll ended at Sun May 30, 2004 8:38 am

Yes
50%
No
38%
YES HOWEVER I WANT THE INSTALLER TO CUSTOMIZE!
13%

Total votes: 8
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Installer

Post by Cybermagellan »

I don't know if this is something that is currently in dev however has anyone thought about making an installer for this for Win enviroments like a WISE installer or something?

I don't have the program to do this......can get it and do it....just has anyone thought of this and what would you say are the +'s and -'s of it?
Last edited by Cybermagellan on Thu May 27, 2004 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

An installer would be good, but rather than install with defaults, it would be better if the installer was a setup wizard that allowed the user to select from a number of choices and build the configuration file.
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

yeah that is what I would like to do.....I have the layout for it and it isn't bad looking HOWEVER I really don't know the control this has over the actuall files....I'm using WISE Install Wizard however I don't know how to have the control sets and booleans to change it....I know the THEORY however it is the actual I don't know....if I could change the php page that someone had to configure the correct file then that is something that might work....However I don't know too much programming if any so it might take awhile..But by the time this is done and perfected then PearPC should be GM