I've got everything configured, but I can't go to any websit

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Kensuke
Student Driver

I've got everything configured, but I can't go to any websit

Post by Kensuke »

everytime I try to use safari, it can't find any servers. Can anyone help?
kybernaut
Apple Corer

Post by kybernaut »

Do you have properly configured your TCP/IP stuff?

Open Network Utility from Applications/Utilities folder under OSX and ping your TAP Ethernet IP address... If that responds, you have almost made it.
Last edited by kybernaut on Thu May 27, 2004 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

what are your numbers...give us specs. do you have it automatically or manually configged. does your pc connect through a router. what version of windows are you runing and is it SP2. do you have OpenVPN installed and have you rebooted after you installed it. have you enabled Internet Connection Sharing from the connection you normally connect to TO your OpenVPN connection. hell...what version of OSX are you runing and hav eyou patched it yet?

answer these and someone will be able to help you ;) telling us safari doesn't work does nothing...it doesn't work on most of our computers! :D
Ph0eniX
Mac Mechanic

Re: I've got everything configured, but I can't go to any we

Post by Ph0eniX »

Kensuke wrote:everytime I try to use safari, it can't find any servers. Can anyone help?
If you're sure that everything is properly configured, then you're probably missing DNS configuration. Edit /var/run/resolv.conf to include your ISPs DNS servers.

Sample:
nameserver 192.168.222.254
nameserver 10.0.18.1
Kensuke
Student Driver

It was the DNS server

Post by Kensuke »

Got it fixed. Thanks