Success With Networking on 10.2

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

kiran_tsp
Inquisitive Elf

Post by kiran_tsp »

well..i did not mention that it's a must..but i did install it...i am sorry for that..u need Open VPN TAP win32 anyways..try to install and see buddy..
french
Student Driver

Post by french »

i've done all of this tutorial,but still doesn't work:

i'm running osX 10.1 xp pro sp1
1) i have installed open vpn 2
2) i have installed the Apple3Com3C90x package (the iso) and then boot on it and install it (nothing else)
3) then i change the iso to 0 and the card to 1 and deleted the other card in the config file
4)i reboot pearpc,and when i go to network,no popup window appears ....

anybody has an idea ? :cry:

i have already change the "-v" to ""
kiran_tsp
Inquisitive Elf

Post by kiran_tsp »

Hi french..can you please paste a snapshot of command window that will popup when you restart pear pc..and contents of your config file too...are you using the nightly build version of pear pc..??

kiran...
french
Student Driver

Post by french »

yes nightly r2

my screenshots:

kiran_tsp
Inquisitive Elf

Post by kiran_tsp »

the command window looks ok to me..i too am getting the same messages...what abt config file buddy..?? can u paste the contents of config file too..
kiran_tsp
Inquisitive Elf

Post by kiran_tsp »

Hi French...did u kept internet connection sharing and other steps as given at this site..
http://dev.realistanew.com/win32net/
after installing Open VPN...is the "Local Area connection 2:" icon in the system tray disappearing after u start Pear PC..??

Kiran..
french
Student Driver

Post by french »

well,my config is the same as said in the forum,
before installing the package,my card is set to 0 and iso to 1
and after installing the package,my card is set to 1 and the iso to 0 like the realtek set to 0

i tryed two things:
the Local Area connection 2 is with the Local Area connection 1 (witch is shared)

and i tryed a bridge between those to ones.

for the first case,the lan2 becomes "ok" when pearpc starts (the red cross disepear )

but,every times i start pearpc,at the biginning screen i see a screen saying "creating connection or network,washing.." or something like that (i 'm not behind the pc)... but when i go to system properties,network, no popup screen with the card !!!

the internet connection for the pc is ok, but my problem seems to be that the new device is not found by osX ...

because i'm using os 10.1 ??
and even if the lan2 is not well configured,i should see the card in os x no ??
kiran_tsp
Inquisitive Elf

Post by kiran_tsp »

Hi French..

Well I am pasting my initial command window..i could observe a little difference between my window and your window..first,why don't u try to paste the config file contents...and second...may be your problem could be because you are using OS X 10.1..may be you can a give a try with 10.2 if you have..if you don't have that..then..try to send me 10.2 img file..i will use that as startup file..and then may be we can find out where the problem is??

Kiran..
french
Student Driver

Post by french »

well,i' mtrying to get an 10.3 img file (but you havec a 10.2,will it work with 10.3 ....??) and i will try to setup the network connection.
kiran_tsp
Inquisitive Elf

Post by kiran_tsp »

Hi french...All the best..the steps given by me might work or might not work with os x 10.3..so if you get a 10.3 img..try to see the message posted by user Marc..after trying that if you are still not successful try to follow my steps (10.2 steps)...Once again all the best buddy
Kiran..
fernandovalente
Student Driver

Post by fernandovalente »

Where did you download PearPC for Mac OS X?