Change from cd2 to cd 3

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

pierremi90
Space Cadet

Change from cd2 to cd 3

Post by pierremi90 »

I got a problem, i install osX succesfully but i want to install the contents of cd 3. THe thing is that after cd 2 it asks me to insert cd 3 and i dont know how to do that.

Can someone help me? :(
Inferno
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Inferno »

you close down pearpc , open the config file and change the iso image to cd3 and open pearpc again..
pierremi90
Space Cadet

Post by pierremi90 »

I already do this but when i restart , it asks me for cd2 and nearly at the end for cd 3. I restart change image and the same.

What i need is to change the .iso image while in ppc
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

Ok, that is something that at the moment is as easy as you would like. from what I understand you have to do the following....

1. Drag the CD Icon to the trash to eject it.
2. RACE as fast as you can to get to the Change CD button and click it like you've never clicked your mouse before....
3. Pray it works...

Hope this helps
pierremi90
Space Cadet

Post by pierremi90 »

it only worked one time but helped me
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

LMAO :lol:
JZMatrix
Space Cadet

Change CD Button??

Post by JZMatrix »

What magical Change CD button are you referring to? I've been thoroughly over the PPC interface and there's no such beast here. I'm running 0.4 on a Linux host.
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Re: Change CD Button??

Post by PPC_Digger »

JZMatrix wrote:What magical Change CD button are you referring to? I've been thoroughly over the PPC interface and there's no such beast here. I'm running 0.4 on a Linux host.
It's the one you set in your config with "key_change_cd_0".
JZMatrix
Space Cadet

Re: Change CD Button??

Post by JZMatrix »

Actually, I already set that (to "F10") and while installing (or even after installing) when I go to eject the CD and press F10 (either holding it down, or pressing continuously) OS-X continues to read the same CD over and over. I even attempted to swap the CD and press F10 along the way, the guest OS still didn't recognize the changed CD.