I am very pleased!!!

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

bcraig7998
Space Cadet

I am very pleased!!!

Post by bcraig7998 »

I am very please with the performance of pear pc. I am running an AMD k7 1.35ghz, 512mb ram, an ATI Raedon 9800 with 256mb ram, All in wonder, a 40gb hd, and an 80gb hd. I have pear pc on the larger secondary drive. while using a redraw rate of 200-300, PPC is highly responsive. I am running OSX 10.2 If only I could connect to the network it would be a worthwhile machine.

I have 2 separate ppc folders which are identical. One is for backup. However, when I had the ppc program running twice, (once from each folder, I ended up with two Mac OS X computers. Each runs @ 658mhz g3, and it doesnt miss a beat. I have dx9 which is a big help. My machine also has a built in vga, so I had two monitors with X on em. I would love to network them together. But its not worth buying panth, or tiger.

I have also noticed a lot of windows bashing. Although I dont advocate Microsoft's ethics, I am extremely happy with XP profess. I havent had a crash since I got it. Maybe ppl should just learn how to use windows.

as an added note, the built in vga uses 64mb of physical ram, when in use. So, instead I just run it out to my A/V reciever through the DVI output. This allows me to keep my 512. I have also noticed, since windows loves virtual memory so much, I can use any amount of ram I wish. it runs, but it doesnt get much faster than immediate, huh?

openning programs takes a bit, but compression takes no time at all, and I would like to use my tv tunner card in MAC OS X. Can I?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hello,

Good to see you're pleased with PearPC. :lol:

About your question: Sorry, there is no support for that kind of hardware. But maybe, who knows, if your card is also suitable for OSX, it will be supported in the future.

If you search the forum, you'll find some postings about networking 10.2 with the use of a proxy server. You can get 10.2 to network.

Cat_7
HDC
Student Driver

Post by HDC »

bcraig7998, man, I should admit that you're saying really weird shit here :) Especially about dx9 and a/v recievers, not to mention running two copies of PearPC on a rather pathetic hardware in parallel, getting some decent results out of it somehow :)