What do you use PearPC for?

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Did you find a real use to PearPC?

Yes
11%
Not really
89%

Total votes: 9
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

I'm asking this because, well i'm using PearPC, but not that much, because I haven't found any real use to it. I mean, it's so slow and all that, I can't even get to do networking with it, the only use that I found to it was to admire the niceness of Mac OS X...

what about you?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

I have some real use for PearPC as it enables me to run the same programs as a friend of mine who is a graphics designer. I can now support her in a technical /programmatical way, as she has less technical insights.

Cat_7
Havin_it
Mac Mechanic

Post by Havin_it »

Browser testing for web design. Internet Explorer for Mac is so weird in how it renders pages, you can't afford not to check your work with it (until it completes its slow, painful descent into obscurity, anyhoo - MUA-HA-HAAAH).
Likewise, Safari has a few unique kinks. Although it's related to Konqueror, they certainly don't render the same in all cases.
Trailing Edge Techie
Space Cadet

Post by Trailing Edge Techie »

De facto encription. :mrgreen: I installed Think Free Office and am using the spreadsheet to track my "mad money" account. Nobody else in my house can figure out what PearPC is let alone how to start/use the program.
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Re: What do you use PearPC for?

Post by PPC_Digger »

Trailing Edge Techie wrote:De facto encription. :mrgreen: I installed Think Free Office and am using the spreadsheet to track my "mad money" account. Nobody else in my house can figure out what PearPC is let alone how to start/use the program.
That's a pretty big bump...