A Mac emulator within a Mac emulator

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

SAK `
Tinkerer

A Mac emulator within a Mac emulator

Post by SAK ` »

Okay, in most cases, it can be possible to run another a Mac-based emulator within a PC-based emulator, but, that one deeper emulator can mean very poor performance.

As long as BasiliskII and Sheepshaver are available for OSX, I'd like some of you guys one day, to run PearPC and place BSII/SS into the OSX disk image. Then I'd like to see how you guys built and configured everything in that emulator so that other people can know.

I'd like to show you guys how I unexpectedly beginned to run Basilisk II in PearPC, but my screenshot is on the PearPC website and their domain is *DOWN!*

On top of all of that, we all know we may not run various versions of OS9 classic, however, these emulators for OSX can become a nice substitute. 8)
AHunter3
Tinkerer

Post by AHunter3 »

Well, here's a few more layers than that - 5 operating systems in Chinese-box formation - although none of them are PearPC.

The actual hardware (as you can see from the About This Mac window) is a G4/500 with 512 MB RAM. I did not feel up to running PearPC wtihin VirtualPC on that.