pearpc MAC emulation isntall issues

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

earthmuse
Space Cadet

pearpc MAC emulation isntall issues

Post by earthmuse »

Been trying to use pear pc control panel to get MAC emulation working. it seems as though i am doing what i'm supposed to, but when i get to the part where the MAC installer screen should come up, it launches an apple screen, with an apple icon, then thinks for about 30 seconds, and then the apple icon goes away, being replaced by a "no" icon (as is "no smoking")

i downloaded OS X 10.4 install file in .dmg format, and converted it to ISO files using transmac.

what seems to be wong here? this seems so near and yet so far . . .

many thanks
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

In the config file you have the option to set boot parameters. Please set it to: prom_env_machargs = "-v"
That should give you a verbose startup sequence showing where this might go wrong. Please report back your findings.

Cat_7
RichardG
Inquisitive Elf

Re: pearpc MAC emulation isntall issues

Post by RichardG »

@Cat_7
earthmuse wrote:Been trying to use pear pc control panel to get MAC emulation working. it seems as though i am doing what i'm supposed to, but when i get to the part where the MAC installer screen should come up, it launches an apple screen, with an apple icon, then thinks for about 30 seconds, and then the apple icon goes away, being replaced by a "no" icon (as is "no smoking")

i downloaded OS X 10.4 install file in .dmg format, and converted it to ISO files using transmac.

what seems to be wong here? this seems so near and yet so far . . .

many thanks