Internet connection and Sound

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

dhartje
Space Cadet

Internet connection and Sound

Post by dhartje »

Is it possible to connect to Wifi Internet (I'm on a laptop) in Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger)? If anyone has an iso image of a OS X Wifi driver, that would be nice. Is it possible to use Wifi in Pear PC or will I need to use something else?

EDIT: Is it possible to get sound as well? I am planning to use Mac OS as my main OS, running on top of Windows.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi, welcome,

I don't remember that Wifi ever worked in PearPC setups. such hardware was never supported. Also, the sound emulation got stuck in "goede voornemens" (good intentions). Its also good you mention the reason why you want to run Pearpc, so now I can at least recommend you don't try it. PearPC works, but it is very slow and has at lot of problems.
If you want to run Mac OSX on top of windows, why not look at the VMware/OSX solutions? They allow you to run with the latest Snow Leopard version and are a lot quicker.

Best,
Cat_7
dhartje
Space Cadet

RE: Internet connection and Sound

Post by dhartje »

PearPC works faster on my computer than the Vmware x86 OS X. I'll try that again with Snow Leopard in VirtualBox (Yay! No more Tiger!)

EDIT: Maybe the redscorp release allows sound? I don't need to use Wifi for Internet, I have found a way using VPN, but I am yet to try it. Open VPN 2.1 doesn't like Windows 7 and says It doesn't work with Windows (It has to, its a .exe file. It could be a Windows 7 related error). I am going to try VPN for Internet, but will wait to try redscorp.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

The redscorp version does not include sound. There was a ".5pre-sound" release (or something like that) of PearPC, but the sound didn't actually work, I think.

I'll take a look in my archives tonight and see if I can upload it here for you to try out. Also check the pearpc entry on emuwiki.com. I think I uploaded the file there a few months back.