Searching archived Apple KBAs

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

adespoton
Forum All-Star

Searching archived Apple KBAs

Post by adespoton »

Does anyone know how to search archived Apple KBAs? I've found that if I know the KBA# I can directly call it in the URI, but if I do a Google/Bing/DDG/etc. search (or an Apple KBA search), the archived KBAs no longer show up.

I've got some release notes I want to look up, but I don't know the KBA# for them. I'm wondering if I'll have to just serially go through the entire archive until I find the ones I'm looking for....

It appears everything with the line "This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple." has been pulled from the search indices. All such pages have

Code: Select all

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" /> 

[edit] I'm getting some stuff from the Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/199802070237 ... enDocument

But that source only seems to be reliable back to 1998. Unfortunately, I'm looking for stuff from 1994. The Internet Archive only goes back to 1996. I know Apple had the TIL articles online back then, as I referenced them at the time; that stuff's now been archived, but still exists on Apple's current site. There's just no way to find it anymore unless you know exactly what you're looking for.