Hide BIOS / Disable Verbose

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

gaetano
Student Driver

Hide BIOS / Disable Verbose

Post by gaetano »

I've tried the menu=on option with splash and it doesn't work. I would prefer to wait on a black screen than to have text (I'm loading it from a sort-of "Classic Startup").
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Hide BIOS / Disable Verbose

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I know of no way to hide the openbios screen.
If you boot OSX as guest, and you have -prom-env "boot-args=-v" in your command line, you can remove that. OSX boot will then show the normal grey apple logo during boot.

Best,
Cat_7
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

I have a script I run that hides the entire application until OpenBIOS has a chance to complete, and it makes the window visible and brings it to the front after about 10 seconds. I could probably improve it to bring the window to the front, visible, when it resizes but I haven't spent the time to get this working yet.
gaetano
Student Driver

Post by gaetano »

I've tried enabling bootsplash and it doesn't work either (even when using an 800x600 JPG image, no errors shown). Maybe the bin file could be recompiled? But I don't know if the source files of the bios are included on the distribution package I have (screamer enabled; haven't used the screamer+hardfloat yet).
Last edited by gaetano on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I think the bootsplash options relate to the seabios bootrom, not the openbios used to boot the ppc machines.
The source files are at https://github.com/openbios/openbios

Best,
Cat_7